Garuda Wisnu Kencana

Posted: 19 January 2009 by ranii mahardika in Labels: , ,
1


[pic.1 gambar sebagian patung Dewa Wisnu di Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park]

Last Sunday, I went to Garuda Wisnu Kencana in Ungasan, Badung Regency. I went there with my brother and mom. Actually, it was not my first time to go there. But the last time I visited GWK is when I was in senior high school :p it was a long long long time ago to make me remember about how the venue is.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana is located in Ungasan, South Kuta. It is acually a very big statue that picturing Wisnu, one of God in Hinduism myth, ride on the back of the mythical bird Garuda.
Garuda is the manifestation of conscience toward Amertha, the perennial goodness.
The statue of Wisnu is made from more than 4000 tons of copper and brass, designed by Nyoman Nuarta, one of Indonesia’s foremost modern sculptor. It will be standing about 150 meters tall with its wings span 64 meters across. The statue and its pedestal will be surrounded by more than 240 hectares cultural park.

GWK has many exotic and diverse venue is the perfect place for every occasions like wedding, gathering, international events and exhibition. I remembered when I was in second or three grade on Senior High School, I went to GWK for a musical concert. And I found that it was fun !!
[ini adalah peta gambaran venue di kawasan GWK]

I think I should stop typing. My English is not good for write more and more. Hhhehehehehehehehehehe, just please enjoy this unimportant post :p

[ini gambar tiket masuk ke GWK]

1 pendapats:

  1. No Name says:

    kayaknya aku satu satunya orang Bali yang ga pernah ke GWK. wkwkwkwkwk.. :D

komen..komen..komen..